Loading IndicatorLoading Indicator

Breaking

Iran Says It Will Keep Strait of Hormuz Blocked Until US Accepts Its Terms

Source
Bloomingbit Newsroom

Summary

  • Iran said it will maintain the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz until the US accepts its terms.
  • Kpler said only two vessels passed through the Strait of Hormuz, and no ships carrying crude oil were confirmed to have transited the waterway.
  • President Donald Trump said the US would have to tolerate higher gasoline prices resulting from the standoff with Iran.

Iran said it will keep the Strait of Hormuz blocked until the US accepts its terms, as tensions between Washington and Tehran deepen.

Walter Bloomberg reported on August 15 that Iran would maintain the closure of the Strait of Hormuz until the US agrees to its demands. Formal peace talks between the two countries remain at a standstill.

Shipping traffic has also dropped sharply. Kpler said only two vessels passed through the Strait of Hormuz on August 14, and no ships carrying crude oil were confirmed to have transited the waterway.

President Donald Trump had earlier said the US would have to tolerate higher gasoline prices resulting from the confrontation with Iran. US gasoline prices are currently 29% higher than a year earlier.

#Strait of Hormuz
#Oil Price
Bloomingbit Newsroom

Bloomingbit Newsroom

news@bloomingbit.ioFor news reports, news@bloomingbit.io

What do you think about this news?








PiCK News






Hashtag News